Saturday, July 28, 2012

There's a Snake in My Barn!

Well jeez! It has been a while since I've updated this puppy! I've been working primarily in my sketchbook lately, so hopefully I'll get on scanning that stuff pretty soon here! 


Here's a little something that I have been working on!
 [looks like the colors didn't transfer, means I gotta push them more :) ]

      I'm real excited about the progression of this guy, I took a lot of time to plan and adjust and think through things I usually just put on the back burner... Like the fundamentals for an illustrative piece, hah! Whoops! I'm learning though and I'm less harsh on myself. Which is turning out to be a really good thing.

Mom's been yelling at me to allow myself to learn (what a concept!?), anxiety and negative thoughts are paralyzing!

But I've tried lots of different techniques that I've admired from friends and other artists! Took a long time to get to this point, but I'll post some other editions of it once I hear some feedback :) I don't think I'm quite done with this one, I hope not at least!

     I have tons and tons of sketches and different save points, on this feller! I'm really close to scanning my summer sketchbook though so big update soon! (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment